Signing Day Information for the 2019-2020 school year
Ceremony Dates (3:00 pm in Jerome Commons)
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Wednesday, May 6, 2020
The purpose of holding the signing day is to recognize the accomplishments of Jerome Student-Athletes making a commitment to participate in athletics at a college or university.
- The student-athlete must be enrolled at Jerome High School.
- The student must have participated in their senior season at Jerome in the sport for which the commitment is being made.
- The student-athlete must be making a formal commitment with confirmation from the institution.
What you need to know:
- Make sure you submit a short paragraph to the athletic director about your high school accomplishments and your college goals.
- Make sure your head coach knows you would like to participate, a Dublin Schools representative must introduce the athlete.
- Arrangements with other parents: You may, but are not required to provide snacks/refreshments (cake, cookies, cupcakes…) for the signing, as this is a celebration of the achievements of the student-athletes. Parents of the participants may want to communicate with each other in this regard. It is the responsibility of the Head Coach and parents to clean the area immediately following the event.
- Be sure to bring a t-shirt, sweatshirt, or a hat from your respective university to display.
- Actual Signing? It is the athlete’s responsibility to have the signing document from their respective university for signing day. The signing done at the high school can be a “mock” signing (ie. athlete can fake a signature on a piece of paper). Many people actually prefer this so they can sign the official documents in a less hectic setting. It is also the responsibility of the athlete to send/fax the documents to the contact person at the college they will be attending. (The college coach will communicate this with your student-athlete). The Dublin Jerome Athletic Department DOES NOT play a role in the commitment process. You MUST follow the instructions articulated by the university.
- Please invite Administrators, teachers, athletic trainers, assistant coaches, and teammates to come out and show their support of the student-athletes who will be signing.
- Students who are not signing a National Letter of Intent (Division III), or committing as a “walk on” for a Division I, II, or I-AA school, will all participate in the final signing date of the year.