PURPOSE: To help streamline the on-boarding process of non-district supplemental positions by providing a way for candidates to apply online and then finish new hire paperwork online. Currently, we are unable to send new hire paperwork online to new supplemental employees the same way we can for certified/classified new employees because they do not fill out an online application through Applitrack.
Candidate is interested in position. They should be instructed to:
- Go to Central Office for a background check (BCI and FBI). If you are a paid coach you must also bring your drivers license and social security card (or passport or birth certificate)–you will need to fill out the I-9 form at the same time you complete their background check.
- If this is a paid position, the cost for the background check is $46 (either cash or check made payable to Dublin City Schools).
- If this is a volunteer position, there is no charge for the background check and they do not need to fill out an online application.
- Note: If the applicant has had a background check within the last 12 months and can provide us with a hard copy of the results, they do not need to do a background check with us. They will however, still need to turn in a copy to Human Resources of both the BCI and FBI results.
All new coaches, please do the following:
- Send them to Human Resources for a background check: cost is $46 (exact cash or check only) if they are a paid coach and no charge if they are a volunteer coach.
- If they are a paid coach have them also bring with them their drivers license and social security card (or passport or birth certificate)–they will need to fill out the I-9 form at the same time they complete their background check.
- Fill out an online application.
- Go to Dublin City Schools website: dublinschools.net, click on the Employment tab, click on Supplementals/Athletic Job Openings, click on Online Application link to the right.
- Start a new application. Skip the 4th page “Vacancy Desired” and click Next. On #5, “Position Desired” of the application, please scroll down and select Supplementals (near the bottom) and either Academic or Athletic (do not check the 2nd heading Athletics/Activities near the top), then Next. (If you choose other job classifications, the application will be much longer.) Continue to fill out all pages and Finish and Submit.
- When the applicant’s background check is cleared and they have a current PAP certificate, the Athletic Director will add their name to the Google Doc to be put on the Board Agenda for approval to hire.
- Once the application is filled out, Human Resources will send them a hiring packet to fill out online and submit to HR.
- Once applicant is board approved and all the new hire paperwork is submitted, the paperwork will be sent to payroll.