Please use the following guidelines in regards to communicating with coaches and administration.
- Get to know the Coach
- If you need to speak to a coach please follow the procedure that they have established.
- Do not approach a coach after a game
- A meeting with the coach needs to be scheduled.
- Encourage your student athlete to initiate conversations themselves with coaches; they are the most productive meetings that happen in athletics.
- If you have questions about playing time be sure to follow the coaches guidelines about approaching the topic
- Don’t let frustrations fester, develop a bridge of communication with the coach
- Keep in mind that the Athletic Director does not make player personnel decisions, that includes playing time and cuts
- Even when you disagree with the coaches it is essential to try and maintain a positive attitude when speaking with your child about the team and the coaches.
Chain Of Communication
- Make an appointment to speak with the coach
- If you are not satisfied and the conversation does not involve playing time or game strategy make an appointment to speak with the athletic director
- If you still need clarification make an appointment to speak with the principal