Game Play and Venue Operations Plan – Spring 2021
On August 19th, the Ohio Department of Health issued an order (Responsible RestartOhio Youth-Collegiate-Amateur-Club-Pro-Sports) that provided extensive guidelines for all fall athletic programs participating in competitive sports with opposing schools. The Dublin Jerome Venue Operations Plan listed below was created using the guidance provided by the August 19th ODH order. Please review the following information for our HOME athletic contests for our High School fall sports:
Game Play Protocols
- All athletic events will follow the OHSAA/NFHS rules modifications and protocols to ensure the safety of all athletes, coaches, game personnel, and spectators/community.
- All participants must perform a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving at the facility. One or more symptoms require the participant to stay home.
- All participants must wear a face covering at all times unless they are involved in active play that involves intense aerobic output.
- All participants must maintain six feet of social distancing in all directions when not involved in active play.
- All participants must provide their own water bottles.
- All HS fall athletic teams will compete on the Jerome HS campus. All high-touch surface areas of venues will be cleaned after an event has occurred.
Entrance/Exit of Facilities
- See PDF of the diagram above of where to park and enter/exit the facility.
- The home team, game personnel, and spectators will enter/exit through the WEST plaza.
- The visiting team and spectators will enter/exit through the EAST plaza.
Dublin Jerome HS Gym:
- Home / Visiting team and spectators will enter through Door #10 off of Hyland Croy Rd.
- Home and Visiting teams and spectators will exit through double doors to their left.
Jerome HS Tennis Courts, Baseball, Softball, and Cross Country Course:
- These venues are open-air facilities in which defined entrance/exit protocols cannot be established for home and visiting spectators.
- All spectators must maintain social distancing while entering/exiting these facilities.
- Home team
- Stadium: 750 seats available on the HOME side
- Gymnasium: 200 seats available on the EAST side
- Baseball / Softball / Tennis – Please bring your own chair
- Away team
- Stadium: 250 seats available on the VISITOR side
- Gymnasium: 100 available on the EAST side
- Baseball / Softball / Tennis – Please bring your own chair
Spectators must be living in the household of the athlete, coach OR they must be a close family member. Non-family members are NOT permitted to attend on behalf of a participant. Spectators representing each participant must sit together (i.e., people attending on behalf of one participant = must sit together). Spectators cannot sit in groups of more than four people (i.e., two spectators of one participant may sit with two spectators of another participant if they know each other AND the participants are on the same team).
All Spectators MUST:
- Self-assess for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to arrival and stay home if they have one or more symptoms.
- Sit in designated locations for home and visitor fans.
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Maintain social-distancing at all times.
- Leave immediately at the end of the competition (i.e., congregating is not permitted on the grounds or in the parking lot).
Tickets: (Available for purchase HERE)
- Tickets will be sold for all home Lacrosse, Track, and volleyball contests.
- $7 for adults, students, and senior citizens.
- NO tickets will be available at the gate. All tickets must be purchased pre-sale at participating schools for each event (home & away teams). Athletes & parents will receive further information on this process through their Athletic Director & head coach.
- NO passes of any type will be accepted.
Locker Rooms & Restrooms
- No locker rooms will be used at any venue.
- Public restrooms will be available in the Main Commons in the high school.
- Public restrooms will be available in the home side concessions plaza in the stadium (after April 1st).
- Only the HOME concessions will be open for sales in the stadium to allow for social distancing in line through the open area of the HOME plaza (EAST & WEST windows of concession stand will be open to allow air-flow into the concession stand.)
- LIMITED items will be available. Only pre-packaged items will be sold (i.e., drinks, chips, candy, etc.); no prepared food will be sold (hotdogs, popcorn, etc.).
- Cash or Check will be accepted.
Live Streaming of Events
- Live-streaming of home contests in Gymnasium and Stadium will occur through NFHS.
- Baseball / Softball / Tennis will NOT be Live-Streamed.
Reporting Suspected/Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Scenario #1: If a participant starts to experience symptoms during play = participant is isolated, and depending on the role of the participant, some or all play may be suspended at the discretion of the compliance officer. The compliance officer will notify the Dublin Schools COVID administrator.
- Scenario #2: If a spectator starts to experience symptoms while attending a venue = spectator is immediately isolated and the compliance officer will notify the Dublin Schools COVID administrator.
- Scenario #3: If a Dublin Jerome participant tests positive for COVID-19 after a competition has occurred = the compliance officer will notify the administration of the opposing school(s) that a positive test has occurred and that the appropriate health departments have been notified.
**In any of the above-mentioned scenarios, the compliance officer will provide attendance records for contact tracing to the Dublin City Schools COVID administrator and the Franklin County Health Department. The school district will work with the Health Department to notify parents/legal guardians, and the opposing school if necessary, and determine the appropriate next steps to take regarding Celtic athletics and facilities.
Return to Play from a Positive COVID-19 Test
- An individual who tests positive for COVID-19, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, shall not return to sports activities until a documented medical exam is performed clearing the individual prior to the individual returning to participation in practice or games. There will then be a gradual return to play when the athlete is cleared by our Team Doctor / Athletic Trainers.
- When a player, coach, or athletic trainer tests positive for COVID-19, team members who are not close contacts requiring self-quarantine as determined by the local health department should conduct daily symptoms assessments and stay home if sick, and conduct an in-person temperature check before the start of each practice and game for 14 days as a precaution.
WE MUST ALL DO OUR PART TO MAKE SURE THAT WE GIVE OUR TEAMS THE BEST CHANCE AT HAVING A FULL SEASON. IF PROTOCOLS ARE NOT ADHERED TO BY ATHLETES AND / OR COACHES THEN SOME OF THE ATHLETES / COACHES OR THE ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE SHUT DOWN. IF PROTOCOLS ARE NOT ADHERED TO BY SPECTATORS THEN PLAY MAY BE SUSPENDED AND SOME OR ALL SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE FACILITY FOR ANY REMAINING CONTESTS.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER… LET’S MAKE SURE WE DO EVERYTHING RIGHT TO PROTECT OUR ATHLETES, COACHES, GAME PERSONNEL, AND SPECTATORS / COMMUNITY! GO CELTICS!!!