Venue Operations Plan – Winter Season 2020-2021
Please review the following information for our HOME athletic contests for our High School winter sports:
Game Play Protocols
- All athletic events will follow the OHSAA/NFHS rules modifications and protocols to ensure the safety of all athletes, coaches, game personnel, and spectators/community.
- All participants must perform a self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before arriving at the facility. One or more symptoms require the participant to stay home.
- All participants and spectators must wear a face covering at all times.
- All participants must maintain six feet of social distancing in all directions when not involved in active play.
- All participants must provide their own water bottles.
- Jerome parents may purchase up to 2 tickets per contest on the DJHS Athletic Webpage. They will need to use the Student ID number of their student-athlete participating in the event.
- The visiting team will also be able to purchase 2 tickets per player on the DJHS Athletic Webpage.
- After each game players and spectators will be expected to leave the gymnasium. Parents and players cannot stay and watch the later games.
Entrance/Exit of Facilities
Dublin Jerome HS Gym:
- ALL PARKING: Parking lot on the Hyland-Croy Rd.
- Home / Visiting team and spectators will enter through Door #10 off of Hyland Croy Rd. and exit through Door #7.
All Spectators MUST:
- Self-assess for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to arrival and stay home if they have one or more symptoms.
- Sit in designated locations for home and visitor fans.
- Wear a face covering at all times.
- Maintain 6′ social-distancing at all times.
- Leave immediately at the end of the competition (i.e., congregating is not permitted on the grounds or in the parking lot).
Game Day Procedures:
- When the first event of the day (Freshman or JV game) ends, everyone will leave out the south doors in the main gym and the Jerome players will wipe down the team chairs. Once this is complete and the players/parents have left the gym, the next team will be allowed to enter the main gym and begin play. Teams must stay spread out in their areas and not congregate at the doors.
- Parents may enter the gym and find their seats before their team takes the court, but they must leave immediately after their athlete finishes his/her competition and are not allowed to stay for the next game(s) unless their athlete is dressing for that game.
Locker Rooms & Restrooms
- No locker rooms will be used by either team.
- Public restrooms will be available in the Main Commons in the high school.
- Boys Basketball: Only LIMITED items will be available.
- Girls Basketball: No concessions
- Wrestling: No concessions
Live Streaming of Events
Reporting Suspected/Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Scenario #1: If a participant starts to experience symptoms during play = participant is isolated, and depending on the role of the participant, some or all play may be suspended at the discretion of the compliance officer. The compliance officer will notify the Dublin Schools COVID administrator.
- Scenario #2: If a spectator starts to experience symptoms while attending a venue = spectator is immediately isolated and the compliance officer will notify the Dublin Schools COVID administrator.
- Scenario #3: If a Dublin Jerome participant tests positive for COVID-19 after a competition has occurred = the compliance officer will notify the administration of the opposing school(s) that a positive test has occurred and that the appropriate health departments have been notified.
**In any of the above-mentioned scenarios, the compliance officer will provide attendance records for contact tracing to the Dublin City Schools COVID administrator and the Franklin County Health Department. The school district will work with the Health Department to notify parents/legal guardians, and the opposing school if necessary, and determine the appropriate next steps to take regarding Celtic athletics and facilities.
Return to Play from a Positive COVID-19 Test
- An individual who tests positive for COVID-19, whether symptomatic or asymptomatic, shall not return to sports activities until a documented medical exam is performed clearing the individual prior to the individual returning to participation in practice or games. There will then be a gradual return to play when the athlete is cleared by our Team Doctor / Athletic Trainers.
- When a player, coach, or athletic trainer tests positive for COVID-19, team members who are not close contacts requiring self-quarantine as determined by the local health department should conduct daily symptoms assessments and stay home if sick, and conduct an in-person temperature check before the start of each practice and game for 14 days as a precaution.
WE MUST ALL DO OUR PART TO MAKE SURE THAT WE GIVE OUR TEAMS THE BEST CHANCE AT HAVING A FULL SEASON. IF PROTOCOLS ARE NOT ADHERED TO BY ATHLETES AND / OR COACHES THEN SOME OF THE ATHLETES / COACHES OR THE ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE SHUT DOWN. IF PROTOCOLS ARE NOT ADHERED TO BY SPECTATORS THEN PLAY MAY BE SUSPENDED AND SOME OR ALL SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE FACILITY FOR ANY REMAINING CONTESTS.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER… LET’S MAKE SURE WE DO EVERYTHING RIGHT TO PROTECT OUR ATHLETES, COACHES, GAME PERSONNEL, AND SPECTATORS / COMMUNITY! GO CELTICS!!!