May 8th, 2019: This afternoon, the Dublin Jerome Athletic Department celebrated nine (9) student-athletes as they signed to continue their athletic career at the collegiate level. Below is a quick bio for each.
- Demi Brewer (GIRLS BASKETBALL): Demi will be playing at Capital University. During her time at Dublin Jerome, she has earned 4 varsity letters, was named 2nd team all OCC, led the team in scoring, assists and steals this last year, was 2nd in rebounds, served as the Team Captain, and she has scored over 700 points throughout her high school career. Demi has been playing basketball since she was five years old and is proud to say it has all paid off.
- Andrew Brim (BOYS LACROSSE): Andrew will be playing for Denison University. He has been the team captain for the last two years, awarded Honorable Mention All-State in 2018, First Team Mid-West 2018, First Team All-Conference 2018, and First Team All-Region 2018. He also will be the All-Time Leader in Assists at Jerome.
- Alex Budde (TRACK): Alex is going to continue his Track & Field career at Division III Heidelberg University. He plans to major in Sports Management and minor in Coaching He would like to stay for a 5th year to earn a Masters in Business. He has run Cross Country for three years and Track all four years.
- Regan Calcara (GIRLS SOCCER): Regan will play for the Golden Tornadoes of Geneva College. She has been playing soccer since she was four years old and plays for the Dublin 2000 Girls Green 1 squad. Regan plans to study Criminology with the hopes of someday joining the FBI.
- Gavin Monaghan (BOYS LACROSSE): Gavin will play for Anderson University, in Anderson Indiana. He is a first-year Varsity player who is a leader on the team. Gavin demonstrates all the characteristics of a leader that a student-athlete should exhibit to his peers, coaching staff, school, and community.
- Carson Rengel (BASEBALL): Carson will be the 32nd player from the Celtic Baseball program to play at the college level when he reports to Wittenberg University. He is the captain of the team this year and has made an impact not only on the field of play with his hustle but also off the field with his leadership. He is expected to earn quite a few conference and district awards this year.
- Max Scott (SWIMMING): Max is a four-year varsity member, nine-time All Ohioan, and four-time All American swimmer. His junior year, he was a member of the 200-freestyle relay that placed first at the State Championship, in which he swam the anchor leg. His senior year, he broke the school records in the 50 and 100 freestyle. He is also a Scholastic All-American, an achievement that requires certain time standards while maintaining a GPA of over 3.500. He plans to swim for Indiana University.
- Ross Stevenson (TRACK): Ross is committed to Grand Valley State University to continue pole vaulting. He started pole vaulting in his freshman year and cleared 8 feet. Continuing to run track all four years, he kept training and vaulting and raised his personal best to 13 feet 6 inches. He is now chasing the school record of 14 feet with a few meets left. He plans to study Nursing and focus on Emergency Care.
- Lily Taggart (CHEER): Lilly is committed to the University of Dayton (Division I) for coed cheerleading in the fall. Her high school accomplishments include 4 state titles (3 non-tumbling, and 1 mount division) and one OCC division/overall champion title. She cheered varsity football/basketball sophomore through senior year and competed for all 3 competition teams during her high school career.
We congratulate these student-athletes on their performance both on the field of play and in the classroom. They have represented our school and community well and will continue to do so at the next level. We wish them well and look forward to seeing all they accomplish in the future.